Tender ladies fingers(okra) 250g
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Small onion, finely chopped 1
Fresh green chilies, seeded and sliced 2
small tomato diced
Curry leaves 6
Roasted ground coriander 1tsp
Roasted ground cumin 1tsp
Pounded dried shrimps 1tsp or crushed soya meat 1tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Chili powder, optional 1/4tsp
Coconut milk 1 1/2 cups
Oil for frying
Small piece cinnamon stick
· Wash okra, cut off tops, then slice diagonally into bite-size lengths.
· Rub with some turmeric powder.
· Heat oil in a small frying pan and deep fry the beans until start to become lightly browned. Drain excess oil by keeping on a kitchen paper and keep aside.
· Put all the other ingredients into a saucepan and simmer, uncovered until onions are cooked, about 10 minutes.
· Add the fried okra, simmer for a minute and remove from heat. Do not stir at this point or the okra with become mashy.
· Serve with rice.