'' This is a hot and spicy curry from Kerala India and it taste alot like Sri Lankan Hot Fish Curry''
Mackerel is a rich, oily fish, and as such is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and other serious illnesses.
Mackrel – 500gm or 1 lb
Sliced Shallots – 8 nos or Onion 1 (sliced)
Green Chilly(Slit) -4 nos
Chopped Ginger - ½ tsp
Chopped Garlic - ½ tsp
Kudam Puli(Kukum star)-4nos or Goraka 4
Corriander powder – 3 tsp
Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Fenugreek Powder -a pinch
Water -1 cup
Coconut Oil – 3 tsp
Soya Sauce 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves or Coriander leaves
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add Shallots/ Onions, Chilly, Chopped Ginger- Garlic and saute until the Onion turns transparent.
- Add Chilly Powder and Corriander Powder into it and stir well till the raw smell goes.
- Add Water,Salt, Goraka and Turmeric Powder and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
- When the Gravy gets thick add the fish and Soya sauce.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from fire. Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle Fenugreek powder and add Curry leaves and remaining Coconut Oil.
- Serve hot with Rice.
Post a Comment