'' I love this pudding served warm with roasted cashew nuts and pineapple syrup''
FOR THE TOPPING
* 50g softened butter
* 50g light soft brown sugar
* 7 pineapples rings in syrup, drained and syrup
one pineapple cut in to rounds and cooked in sugar until they become slightly tender. drain the juice from the cooked pineapple and keep aside. (i use this method)
FOR THE CAKE
* 100g softened butter
* 100g golden caster sugar
* 100g plain flour
* 1 and half tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 eggs
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. For the topping, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Spread over the base and a quarter of the way up the sides of a 20-21cm round cake tin. Arrange pineapple rings on top.
2. Place the cake ingredients in a bowl along with 2 tbsp of the pineapple syrup and, using an electric whisk, beat to a soft consistency. Spoon into the tin on top of the pineapple and smooth it out so it's level. Bake for 35 mins. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then turn out onto a plate. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Before serving garnish the top with roasted cashew nuts bits and pour in the remaining pineapple sugar syrup left.